What does it take to make a positive difference in the world, in your town, in someone’s life? It takes dedication, it takes caring, it takes a genuine desire for a better world—but most of all, it takes people committed to Feeding the Movement.
With 125,000 employees serving millions everyday, we have an opportunity to fuel a movement to help those in need. With the roll out of our new campaign, Feeding the Movement, our goal is to bring light to our efforts of improving the quality of life for the communities and people we serve.
Sodexo’s dedication to fighting hunger has been making a significant impact in lives across America for nearly two decades. Here are some of the ways Sodexo is Feeding the Movement in local communities:
- Sodexo Foundation Event – On June 9, we celebrated the 15th anniversary for the Sodexo Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year, which always reaffirms and reenergizes our commitment to creating positive change in communities across the country. At the event, we honor our Heroes of Everyday Life® and Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholars.
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholars – We are committed to empowering youth who are dedicated to ending hunger. The cycle of hunger is hard to break but the cycle can be broken by this generation of young leaders, which is why Sodexo is excited to award students who’ve already made a tremendous impact in their communities with both a $5,000 academic scholarship and a matching donation to the hunger charity of their choice.
- Heroes of Everyday Life® – Honors Sodexo employees who’ve demonstrated an inspiring level of commitment by giving their spare time to help fight hunger and positively improve the quality of life within their communities. These nominees will also receive a $5,000 donation to the charity of their choice.
- Feeding Our Future® – Feeding Our Future works to ensure that children have access to free nutritious meals all summer long. In July, Sodexo is excited to be volunteering alongside Coca-Cola for our 4 Millionth Meal Event in Atlanta, GA. While it’s worth noting that reaching the 4 millionth meal mark is quite an accomplishment for the program, at the same time it is 4 million too many. Since the program’s inception, 3.8 million meals have been donated, and the program continues to grow in importance and impact.
- USDA Summer Food Service Program – Beyond Sodexo’s Feeding Our Future program, our accounts provide meals for the USDA Summer Food Service Program, serving thousands of free summer meals to hungry children to help meet their nutritional needs during the summer months. To find a free summer feeding program near you, visit NoKidHungry.org/SummerMeals.
Follow #FeedingtheMovement on Twitter to see what we’re doing in communities across the country and how you can get involved in yours.