Sodexo Government North America
As CEO of Government Services for Sodexo North American, I have the unique opportunity – and the privilege—to interact with our military personnel every day, both at client sites and within our organization. I have a deep appreciation for their mission, and I am constantly awed by their stories of bravery in the field and selfless acts of courage.
This Veterans Day I encourage you to take a moment toreflect on the commitment that our veterans made to protect our country and our way of life. Let’s celebrate their stories and praise their strength and resilience…And let’s honor our veterans by creating new opportunities for them to contribute after their service, so they can continue making a positive difference in the world. Here ways you can support and honor veterans:
- Help a veteran tell their story through a project such as the Veteran’s History Project. You can download a VHP field kit from the Library of Congress
- Offer a vet a ride by volunteering with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) organization, which provides free transportation to men and women unable to travel to VA medical facilities on their own
- Volunteer your financial, legal, or career expertise via MilServe
- Volunteer at a local VA Hospital
- Say a simple “thank you” to veterans and their families
Liberty comes at a price and the men and women who serve our country are willing to pay that price for freedom and for peace. To all of our veterans, and their families, today we thank you, we salute you and we honor you!
Happy Veterans Day!