Sodexo recognizes that enhancing the quality of life on university campuses is crucial to academic achievement and student engagement. To that end, Sodexo is partnering with universities to place greater emphasis on offering campus dining programs that not only foster health and well-being among students, faculty and campus visitors but also create a sense of community.
Combining our 50 years of experience with continual feedback from students across more than 1,600 campuses in 34 countries, Sodexo takes a big picture approach to student health and well-being.
Our campus dining services include:
Providing Nutritious and Balanced Meals
Sodexo is the world’s largest employer of registered dietitians (RDs), employing over 500 RDs across the United States. Our RDs work closely with our chefs to develop healthy recipes and menus at every one of our college and university sites.To help guide students to choose healthy options Sodexo offers:
- Mindful, Sodexo’s award-winning and evidence-based wellness program that stresses healthy indulgence rather than deprivation. Since the 2013 introduction of Mindful, Sodexo has eliminated an estimated five tons of salt and 14 tons of sugar and has increased wellness sales tenfold.
Check out why Sodexo is committed to being Mindful.
- Bite, Sodexo’s easy-to-use app that’s packed with information. It shows students everything served in their café, food court, and Signature Brands. It also provides students with complete nutritional information on every item and offers a way to share feedback about their dining experience.
Assisting Students with Special Dietary Needs
Sodexo’s culinary team develops menus that cater to different tastes and preferences while also accommodating food allergies and intolerances, religious diet requirements, and vegan and vegetarian lifestyles. To further assist students with special dietary needs, Sodexo offers:
- My Zone, a “pantry” for students with celiac disease or food allergies that protects food items from cross-contamination. This special area gives students the ability to be involved in their own allergen-safe meal preparation.
- Simple Servings, an award-winning resident dining option that provides safe and appetizing food choices for students with food allergies, celiac, or those who prefer simple foods. Simple Servings makes students with allergies feel included, not singled out.
Connecting With Students
Sodexo hosts the Student Culinary Council (SCC), a student-driven program that creates an engaged, responsive relationship with students to help build a more fulfilling student dining experience.
Additionally, students can easily share feedback about their dining experience through Sodexo’s Bite app.
Sodexo was once again the top-rated company in its sector on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) in 2016, giving the group 12 consecutive years of recognition in Corporate Responsibility. Sodexo was also ranked the number one consumer services companies for the third year in a row, reinforcing the success of Sodexo’s global commitments to sustainability.
That success is due in no small part to the many achievements in the company’s North American operations, including:
- Buying local and seasonal produce from 1,400 farms in the same state or region where that food is served. Learn more about Sodexo’s commitment to local sourcing.
- Advancing industry-leading commitments to animal welfare, sustainable seafood and health and well-being.
- Facilitating large-scale reduction in organic and non-organic waste, including diverting more than 1 million pounds of pre-consumer food waste from landfills.
Also, follow Sodexo Insights’ thought-leadership blog series
on quality of life topics that impact higher education.